Technical Duckery

Saturday, September 02, 2006

This Post is Sans Serif

Until recently, I had no idea what "sans serif" meant. I realize that his could very well be yet another case of me being an overly ignorant person, but I like to think that when I find things out that I probably should have known, I should share.

Well serifs are little edges added to the ends of the letters. The most obvious example of a serif is in the capital letter "E" in the photo to the right. Sans, of course, mean without.

The font on the left is Times New Roman, the most widely used font serif. The font on the right is Verdana, one of the most common web fonts that is also a font sans serif.

I hope someone found that as enlightening as I did. And if you are reading this post before 6:00, why the heck aren't you watcing the Tech game? We're holding on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home