Technical Duckery

Thursday, August 24, 2006

A Big Blue Recliner

I'm guessing a few of you have been wondering what I've been up to. OK, so maybe not, but I'm gonna fill you in regardless.

I spent last weekend away from the family at a fantasy football draft party. Taylor hosted it at his place and it was very fun. Taylor cooked steaks, Jordan brought a fun game called "Guitar Hero", and Taylor's dog ruled us with an iron fist. (Oh and we drank beer.) The draft is almost over and I think I got a pretty decent team out of it. However, I thought the same thing last year when two of my top three picks got injured. Brad drove up there with me which actually made the drive pretty enjoyable despite the fact that I drive so much during the week. I will say that the group is a lot different than it was just a few years ago in Ruston. I dare say that it seemed like we were a lot older.

Now to explain the title, I also moved a big blue recliner into my living room. I think every old Dad should have one and being that football season is almost upon us, the time is right. So my week has revolved around working hard and relaxing in my recliner.

This weekend we head north again to see the McClung family and do our standard dinner partying. I think Luke and his bride will be there, but I'm not sure if anyone else will show. It should be fun regardless.

School starts in 3 or 4 days. I have a really easy class schedule with a much easier TA schedule. This will all help since I also plan on taking the general exams this semester.

You are now "caught up". :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home