Technical Duckery

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

New iPod Shuffle

I really don't kow why I haven't heard about this... Apple has a new design for its iPod Shuffle. This is even smaller than the previous design which was pretty ridiculous. The key to me is that it has a built-in clip as seen on the right of the image. It also only offers a 1 gB version at a price of $80. (Free shipping and engraving) See more here.

So how did I find this out?

Well my previous mp3 player is officially not working. It has acted up since the day I got it and now it's just done for. I've been using it for the past month as a radio player. So I am now officially an iPod owner. I have ordered it and expect it to arrive in the next couple weeks although the estimated ship date was listed as "October".

I should know better, but it offered free engraving and I couldn't resist. I didn't want to just put my name and phone on it. I may tape that on later. Instead I just put the words "Don't panic." in nice friendly letters.

EDIT: It is now estimated to be delivered by Nov 7th. Ugh.

3 Comments:

  • Can't believe it's been so long since I've checked out your blog. Finally though, i'm up to date. Glad to hear things are going well and I enjoyed getting caught up. Now I want a gamecube for that karaoke game! Ah, well, maybe I'll sell my xbox and games to try to get that :). Anyways, take care and I'll be checking back in more regularly.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:43 PM  

  • That is one awesome iPod! I can't wait until it comes in. You deserve one that is awesome and works! Sorry your other one broke :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:54 PM  

  • Welcome to the iPod Club Johnny.

    It's good to have you here.

    I'm a huge fan - Katy has an old school shuffle (512k) and loves it. I highly recommend that device for your application (running).

    By Blogger Luke, at 5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home