Technical Duckery

Monday, September 11, 2006

I'm Published

A month or so ago, I mentioned how busy I was and that I couldn't really say what it was that was keeping me busy. That's because I didn't want to inject any part of what I was working on into the public domain. Even now I'm limited in what I can say. What I can say is this:

After a year in the program, a paper I helped with has been published!

(Image © iasted.org)

Title: "Ontology-Based Error Detection in Software Design: A Case Study"
Authors: Allyson Hoss, Doris L. Carver, and John W. Burris

This paper will be presented by its primary author (Allyson) at the 10th IASTED Conference on Software Engineering and Applications and appear in the conference proceedings. The main thing this means for me is that I will be listed as a published author in most of the online citation databases.

My contribution was writing practical UML diagrams for the case study. They also had to be flawless in their design. One misuse of a relationship could have caused the paper to be rejected. I also helped review the paper for clarity and correctness.

Thanks for letting me brag.

3 Comments:

  • Congrats big man!!! That is great.

    --Billy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:00 PM  

  • Congratulations Johnny!
    That's huge!!!!

    By Blogger Luke, at 8:59 AM  

  • Wow--congratulations, Johnny! I'm very impressed.

    By Blogger Katie, at 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home