Technical Duckery

Monday, November 06, 2006

Trying out my new stuff

I'm still warming up to the iPod shuffle. My three complaints are:

1) The interface buttons have been changed. I think they were looking for a design that would have more "feedback". In the previous design, it was kinda hard to tell if the button had been pressed. Now it feels kinda "clunky".
2) The engraving is ridiculously small and look like it's been painted on. When people start paying for the "engravings", they will be disappointed. I can't complain, though. I didn't pay for it.
3) Sill no exercise variation of the ear bud. The standard iPod headphones are not ideal for running. They don't stay in when sweaty and when they are covered in sweat, hold water to the point of not being able to hear the music.

Those are all somewhat small complaints. The big question mark of durability and how well it holds a charge after repeated recharging can only be tested as the miles pile up on it. I'm very pleased overall though.

1) The clip design is every bit as functional as I thought it would be. A great design decision.
2) The brushed metal exterior looks nice.
3) The extra storage space for cheaper than the original is nice.
4) The battery life is surprisingly long.


I will definitely be recommending this to all runners out there. This is just a great buy for the $$$.

The other new toy is actually a video game. As always, I am 2 or 3 years behing the curve when it comes to video games. So I bought a game called Viewtiful Joe for $6. A game recommended by both Jordan and Ronald. The gameplay, the design, the music, EVERYTHING about this game is beautiful. I could really get addicted to this one. What's funny is that it is a throwback in gameplay to the days of Contra and Double Dragon. They just added better design, a 3D perspective, and some better functionality. One cool feature is that the game centers on the main character's ability to slow down time to accomplish certain feats. Anyway, it's hard to describe other than saying it's an absolutely beautiful game. If you are one of the few people who hasn't played it check it out.

Also, I got Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour for $8 to be a Natasha and I game. Jordan let us borrow this one 2 years ago and we had a lot of fun playing it. Hard to pass up for $8.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home