Technical Duckery

Monday, October 30, 2006

Test 1: Operating Systems

Ouch. That was not pretty at ALL.

The way these test are organized, all of the graduate faculty who have taught or do research in the given area give questions. We don't know who gives what questions... except that it is obvious by the style of question.

So they usually give 7 questions and you answer 5. Three hours are given for the exam. This time, they gave 5 and you had to answer 5. Not good.

The first three were obviously written by the same professor and in a single word were ridiculous. The last two were the only questions not written by that professor. Those were relatively easy.

I give myself about a 20% chance of making it past this one. No big deal though. I'll just have to take it again in the spring if I fail. My goal in this round of testing is to pass 3 so there's still hope.

And just for Willy Harv's amusement, I've decided to blame this poor performance on President George W. Bush.

Other notes worth noting for those who like notes:
  1. My iPod Shuffle has shipped and is in a FedEx facility in Suzhou, China as I type.
  2. Sheriff Harry Lee has been making some provocative comments lately. This is really the talk of the town down here. More at NOLA.com.
  3. Tomorrow's test is Computer Architecture. Hopefully I will do better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home