Technical Duckery

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

July 4th Trip to Nashville

July 4th was a pretty decent weekend. It was extremely tiring, but we had fun.

Natasha, Grace and I rode up to Tennessee with my parents to visit my sister. It had been far too long since we had visited, so we had to take the opportunity. We saw a Nashville Sounds game in which a Tech alumnus was playing. We went to a water park to see a fireworks show. But most importantly, we watched The Goonies and Blazing Saddles.

The best part of the trip was when Natasha and I broke away for a little alone time. We visited the Parthenon which is part of a generally neat historical park area. The Parthenon itself was closed despite the hundreds of people who were coming to visit it since it was a holiday. Here are some pictures:



That is a full scale replica of the Parthenon, so when I saw this sign, I thought it was hilarious:


We finished off our date with a trip to Steak and Shake with a nice order of cheese fries and a milkshake. (I gained 4 pounds over the weekend. I hate you Famous Dave's) Don't we look happy:


I really hope that Natasha and I can get back up to Nashville sometime and just go visit Katie and Chris. I think it would be a lot more fun to go hang out with them and not have so much going on. Just hanging out.

2 Comments:

  • Next time y'all should just take the pickup truck. Remember a particularly long trip with you and Dad and I going to Missouri and back? That was awful.

    Billy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:47 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home